Thursday, August 6, 2020

PGA Tour 2K21 Course Designer actually looks...fun


I haven't dug in deep on a golf game since PGA Tour 96 - the very first golf game back in the PS1 days. No real reason for my absence, PGA Tour 96 was just the last one to grab me. My friends and I were desperate for games, and we sat around drinking beer and playing this thing for days on end. Watching this video, it's funny how silent this game is. I love how the whispering announcers only shows up to say something about every four minutes. We made up for that lack of noise with our howls and taunts.

So yeah, I haven't really kept up with my golf games. But this new PGA Tour 2K21 is looking pretty sweet. Check out the trailer for the Course Designer feature. I love how non-stuffy it is. There is nothing silent about this trailer, it is all pulsing beats and whiz-bang sound effects. The way they create weirdo golf courses covered in cacti and beavers has me intrigued. Is it time for me to jump back into a golf game after my 26 year moratorium? Looks like it may be!

PGA Tour 2K21 releases on August 21 for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Stadia, and PC.


Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment